by Pat McInally, DSS Director of Sports and Entertainment
Imagine scoring coveted tickets to a concert. You spend weeks, months even, excitedly preparing for the day but, when you get to the venue – security won’t let you in.
Unfortunately, this is what happens to hundreds, even thousands, of attendees each year. Today’s phony tickets look and feel authentic to the buyer – but they will not get the holder into the concert, fairground or sporting event.
In just the last month news broke about…
- NHL warns unsuspecting fans that they may be targeted by bootleggers selling unauthorized or knock-off tickets (Source)
- Police Warn of Tickets for Fake Fairgrounds Event (Source)
- Annual Dollar Amount of Ticket Fraud? $4 Billion. (Source)
- Authorities Investigate Bogus Blackhawks Tickets (Source)
- Suspected Counterfeit Tickets at Coppin Graduation – Hundreds Shut Out (Source)
Given the seriousness of this growing problem, what can these major venues do to protect their consumers?
Stay tuned to find out…
For more information on how AuthentiSuite can protect brands and consumers alike, please visit www.AuthentiGuard.com